You have no items in your shopping cart.
Name: Cole Bangerter
Position: Retail Store Associate
Hike: Timpanogos Mountain
Length + Difficulty: : 15 Hour hike and I would say it is a 7/10 difficulty.
Summary: Mount Timpanogos via Timpooneke Trail is a 15 mile heavily trafficked out and back trail located near Aspen Grove, Utah that features a lake and is rated as difficult. The trail is primarily used for hiking, camping, and backpacking and is best used from June until October.
What to bring: Make sure to pack a lunch, snacks, and lots of water. Sometimes having a small towel can be nice to cool you down. Wear good hiking shoes, thick socks (or I just doubled up), and any extra space you have should be used to bring extra snacks and maybe a jacket. (Started raining one of the times I went and got pretty cold.) Oh, also bring a marker so you can sign your name at the peak!
Gear: Timberline Chair! I use it all the time for anything. Bear Lake, sports games, inside, etc.
Top three features: Pack size, weight, and high back rest.
Ingredients: Sausage, white rice, shrimp, onion, bell pepper, celery
Recipe: Sauté the chicken and sausage. Sauté until the chicken is cooked through and the sausage is lightly browned. Then transfer to a clean plate and set aside.
1. Sauté the veggies. Sauté the onion, bell pepper, celery, jalapeño and garlic until soft.
2. Add rice, liquids and seasonings. Add in the uncooked rice, chicken stock, crushed tomatoes, Cajun/Creole seasoning, thyme, cayenne and bay leaf. Give everything a good stir.
3. Cover and cook. Then cook for 25-30 minutes, being sure to stir the mixture every 5 minutes or so (to prevent burning) until the rice is nearly tender.
4. Add the okra and shrimp. And cook for a final 5 minutes or so, until the shrimp is pink and opaque. Add the chicken and sausage back in.
5. Taste and season. Season the jambalaya with salt and pepper (and extra Cajun/Creole seasoning, if needed) to taste.
6. Serve warm. Garnished with your desired toppings!